Continue reading for a more detailed outline of what data is collected and what this data is used for.
Chris David Miles, and any other persons responsible for this Website (defined as “us”, “we”, or “our”) operate the chrisdavidmiles.com service and online materials, defined as (“this Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use this Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve this Website. By using this Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information to facilitate the improvement and security of this Website.
Types of Data Collected
While using this Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- email address,
- cookies and “Usage Data” as defined below.
This data is typically only requested during optional interactive features of this Website such as posting a user submitted comment, signing up for a newsletter, or signing up for an account.
We do not ask for Personal Data from users who merely read the content.
We may also collect information about how this Website is accessed and used (referred to in this document as “Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of this Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Only information needed for a specific purpose is gathered, and the information is only used for that specific purpose.
For example, this Website uses Google Analytics for general Analytics. The IP address of a visitor is not needed for general analytics information, so it is not part of the data set collected. “IP Address” is not a visitor metric that is available as part of the Analytics data available to this Website by Google.
But security and anti-spam features do identify users in a number of ways including IP addresses. So if a user interacts with a contact form, or a comment form, or any number of security measures taken to protect the site from attacks and spam, the IP address is part of the data set collected.
This is only an example, but one meant to illustrate that any data collected is only collected for a specific purpose and is not used outside of that purpose.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze this Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate this Website and allow for differentiation of user accounts, “logged in” users, and interactive functionality including user comments.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes, to mitigate spam, malware, and other security risks.
Use of Data
This Website and persons responsible for this Website use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain this Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of this Website when you choose to do so, such as comments, contact forms, donation forms.
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve this Website
- To monitor the usage of this Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues and security risks like spam, malware, and attacks.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
This Website and persons responsible for this Website may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Chris David Miles and any other persons responsible for this Website.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of this Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate this Website (“Service Providers”), to provide this Website on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, aid in providing security, or to assist us in analyzing how this Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of this Website.
- Cloudflare — Analytics data is automatically collected by Cloudflare to determine the effectiveness of security and performance features of Cloudflare including:
- the percentage of bandwidth served cached vs uncached,
- percentage of traffic served over SSL,
- security threats by type and country.
We use third-party Service Providers to a part of the security strategy of this website to mitigate spam, malware, and other attacks.
- Akismet — Akismet is an anti-spam service used on this Website to deter comment spam. When a user submits a comment on this website, the comment it sent to Akismet servers for analysis along with other information including:
- the commenter’s name and email address as provided by the commenter in the comment form,
- the IP address and browser information about the commenter.
- Cloudflare — Cloudflare provides web optimization, security, and load balancing services to protect this website, including a reverse proxy, pass-through security service, and a content distribution network. Cloudflare collects visitor information to facilitate these services. This information may include but is not limited to:
- IP addresses,
- system configuration information,
- and other information about traffic to and from this website (collectively called “Log Data”).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Third-party Embedded Content is sometimes used on this site, such as Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and other third party content sources via oEmbed. Sometimes these third party services may include their own tracking and data collection methods.
This Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Effective date: March 31, 2017